About Me

My photo
I am a devoted wife, mother of 3 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren. My attitude is be positive and those around you will benefit from it.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Sew Seat Cushion Covers

Well the day has come.  I just couldn't stand looking at my sorry looking seat cushions any longer.  I love the fancy fabric covered ones, but I wasn't keen on spending the money for the expensive ones.  So, I had some left over fabric from a valance, and ta da, beautiful seat cushions again!  Here's what you need:


1)  Leftover (or newly purchased) fabric of your liking




2) old, tired seat cushions



3)  An iron



3) Scissors


4) HeatnBond (super strength)


Place your seat cushions on fabric (fabric is inside out) and cut around shape of cushion, leaving a 1"-1 1/2" hem.  Place heat and bond between the folded layer on each side, leaving the opening unhemmed.  Heat set on each side with a hot iron.  Fold over the fabric at the opening to create a hem.  Place heat and bond between the layer to create a neat hem.  Turn the cushion inside out and place the cushion inside.  Now you have a clean hem to seal shut.  Place heat and bond between the hemmed opening and seal shut.


And, voila!  You have fabulous, newly covered cushions!




Thanks for visiting.


ttfn



No comments:

Post a Comment