About Me

My photo
I am a devoted wife, mother of 3 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren. My attitude is be positive and those around you will benefit from it.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

laundry area/mudroom redo

I'm almost embarassed to post this.  Ok, my husband was a bachelor for quite a while before I met him.  So when we got married I sold my home and we moved into his home.  The last room I really wanted to tackle was the laundry area/mudroom.  This room is the first room you walk into if you come in off our side patio/porch.  Our home is over 100 years old, so it has lots of "quirks".  The walls arent exactly "square".  lol

Here are some before pictures.  (I said I was embarassed to show them).  The colors are ghastly!
 

My husband used to barber, so this was an area where there was a barber's chair and wash sink.  I actually found the home depot card showing the exact colors that he painted this room in. 










Here are some of the during/afters!  I used some beadboard wallpaper purchased from Rhoda at SavvySouthern Style  













I painted the exterior of the door black.  Wish I had taken a picture of the christmas swag that was on it during the holidays, the green was so nicely offset by the black.

 My hubby still needs to move the washer/dryer so I can paint behind it.




A sweet table my friend Rosemary Weinberg gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment