About Me

My photo
I am a devoted wife, mother of 3 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren. My attitude is be positive and those around you will benefit from it.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

We are building. Finally!



`

Our little spot of paradise!


We have had our land for a few years now.  A dream of building we have been thinking about for a while now.  Now things are starting to come together and we have started to break ground.  It is very exciting for us.  Neither one of us have ever planned or built a home from the ground up.  The process of "tweaking" our home has been fun and now we are finally starting to see some of our dream come true.  We love the wooded lot we chose and it is very near some family members and close the land that my husband's family once farmed (some still do). 

Our home is considered to be a traditional craftsman.  Thinking about furnishing it was a great pastime of mine over the last year or so.  I love saving photos to my ideabook on Houzz.com and sharing them with my husband.  I love decorating and its funny when you have one idea of a design in your mind and you totally sway the other way when your husband points out he needs a dining set with 12 chairs!  Threw me "off kilter" there for a little bit, but I came around to his choice, I really do love it.















No comments:

Post a Comment