About Me

My photo
I am a devoted wife, mother of 3 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren. My attitude is be positive and those around you will benefit from it.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

From Drab to Fab-Dining set makeover

I purchased from my sister a while ago, a beautiful vintage dining set.  The set was old and tired, but I loved the shape and pretty details of the chairs.  I knew I wanted to make it over for my daughter - so begun a labor of love and passion for turning the old into new again.

I had never really recovered chairs before and the first try - the foam was way to thick.  1" thick foam was more than enough.  It really was a labor of love, lots of sanding and recoats of paint.

Here are the before and afters.


The old chairs were certainly sad and tired




I gave my daughter my first set of Gorham china (it was never used).
The green in the china just popped against the coral color in the chairs.
http://www.hometalk.com/6263720/diy-painted-and-reupholstered-dining-room-set

No comments:

Post a Comment